The QuickBooks payroll function aids users in processing paychecks in a timely manner. Sometimes, an error occurs while processing the paychecks and they get stuck. One such error is the QuickBooks error PS038 which prevents the paychecks from being sent. There can be a few reasons why this error gets triggered in QuickBooks. If you are facing the QuickBooks can’t update payroll PS038 error, follow this article till the end to resolve it. We are going to provide you with the steps to address this error code and resume using the payroll function.
If you are unable to resolve the error code or perform the steps, you can get assistance from our team of experts at 1-855-856-0042 to get the issue resolved.
Why Am I Receiving Error Message PS038 in QuickBooks?
The following reasons might be leading to the QuickBooks error code PS038 –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not up-to-date and you need to install the latest updates.
- The QuickBooks payroll function needs to be updated to resolve the error PS038.
- You have not installed the latest payroll tax table updates on your QB application.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Won't Open
Steps for Getting Rid of the Error PS038 in QuickBooks
The QuickBooks can’t update payroll PS038 error can be resolved in the following manner –
Step 1 – Update Your Application and Retry Sending Payroll
Firstly, download the recent QuickBooks updates and update your QuickBooks Desktop, followed by sending the payroll again.
- Go to the Employeestab and select My Payroll Services, followed by selecting Send Usage Data.
- If you are able to send the data, try updating payroll and see if the error is rectified.
Step 2 – Find the Paycheck with the “Online to Send” Status
Identify the stuck paychecks by following the steps below –
- Go to the QuickBooks Edittab and select the Advanced option to go to the Choose Filter
- Click on Detail Level from the filter list and select Summary Only.
- Select Online Statusand choose Online to Send from the appeared drop-down list.
- Click on Find and check all the paychecks that are unsent or stuck online.
Step 3 – Verify the Information and Review the Stuck Paycheck Details
Review the details of the unsent or stuck paychecks to eliminate the error PS038 in QuickBooks.
- Once you find the list of stuck paychecks by following the above-given step, open the first paycheck and click on Paycheck Detail.
- Go to the Earningstab and add the last item in the list as a new item to prompt the Net Pay Locked window to appear.
- Click on Noand choose the Rate Field for the item you just added above.
- Make sure to make no changes to theNet Pay and Taxes column and hit Save & Close.
- Record the transaction and delete the last added item by re-opening the paycheck.
- Save the changes and see if the unable to update payroll error PS038 is fixed.
If you are getting the QuickBooks error PS038, perform the steps given in this article to fix it. If the error remains unresolved, you can get in touch with your support team at 1-855-856-0042 for immediate assistance.
Also read: QuickBooks Error H505