Avast Antivirus is one of the most widely used and popular antivirus programs, with more than 435,000,000 active users. Avast Antivirus protects your computer from spyware, Trojans, and malware. Avast 10, not working can often cause problems that prevent your computer system from being protected against these malicious threats. These issues can be caused by many things, but you can take some easy steps to fix Avast antivirus not opening. Continue reading to learn why these issues happen and how to fix them.
Why is Avast not working?
Before we get into the troubleshooting issues such as Avast premium not working or Avast antivirus not opening to windows 10 updates, Avast crashing Windows 10, and so on, let's take a look at some of the common causes. Avast issues are often caused by a broken installation.
Sometimes, the Avast installation can be corrupted by certain things. Avast offers many options to fix such problems, including the ability to repair it or install a new copy of its antivirus program. The antivirus service may not be running correctly. If you find any problems with the main program, restart it and see if that fixes the issue. After Windows 10 update, Avast is no longer working It is now resolved.
Avast Not Working Windows 10? Here's the Fix!
Avast Antivirus may not work on your computer if you have Avast Cleanup Premium installed. Avast Antivirus might not work after an update. These issues can be resolved using the following troubleshooting methods:
1st method: Repair the Avast Antivirus
- Verify that you are logged in as administrator.
- Click on Start to open the Control Panel.
- Click on the "Programs & Features" option. Select Avast Antivirus to be added to the list.
- Click on the Repair button in the window to fix the Avast premium not working issue
- Follow the instructions on the screen to repair Avast. If you are asked to confirm, click Yes.
- When the process is complete, click on the "Finish” button. Verify that the Avast Windows 10 issue is fixed.
2nd Method: Restart Avast Antivirus Service
- To open the Run dialog box, press the Windows+R keys together.
- To open the Services tool, type "services.msc", and click OK.
- Click on Administrative Tools to locate the Services shortcut at the bottom. Click on it to open.
- Locate the Avast Antivirus from the list and right-click it.
- Select Properties to check if the service has been started. Click on the Stop button if it is.
- Make sure that Automatic is selected under Startup type in the properties section.
- Click on the Start button at the bottom of the window to check if still Avast antivirus not opening after Windows 10 Update.
How to Fix Avast Not Working after Windows 10 Update
Avast may stop working after Windows 10 updates. You can restart the program to fix Avast antivirus not opening problem. Although the process is simple, it's important to follow the correct steps in order not to make any mistakes. Visit the official website of Avast to download the most recent version of the antivirus software. You can also download and save the Avast Uninstall utility to your computer's hard drive. Follow the steps below once you have completed downloading the files.
- Disconnect from the Internet and reboot in Safe Mode. You can uninstall Avast and reinstall it if you have issues with the program.
- Start the Run dialog box.
- Enter "msconfig" into the Run window, and then press Enter.
- Now you will be redirected back to the System Configuration window. Find the Boot tab, and click the Safe Boot box.
- To boot in safe mode, click OK.
- Open the Avast Uninstall Utility you have downloaded previously.
- Select the Remove option to reboot your computer. Verify that Avast is opening normally.
Avast Not Working Windows 7? Here's what you can do!
You might experience issues with your Avast antivirus not opening to normal tasks, regardless of whether you are using Windows 7 OS or Mac. Avast may not work on Mac OS, Android, Firefox, or other platforms. These are just a few of the many issues that can prevent you from using your antivirus to protect your computer systems. Start by restarting your computer before you do anything else. Avast premium not working or Avast not functioning Windows 7 are often resolved by this. Next, follow the steps to repair the antivirus program. If none of the above troubleshooting methods work, you can uninstall and then reinstall Avast Antivirus. Alternatively, you can disable Avast Antivirus Turn it off for a while, then turn it back on. Follow the steps below to remove Avast Antivirus (formerly known as Avast Antivirus) from your computer via the Control Panel.
- To open the Run dialog box, press Windows+R keys together.
- Press Enter and type "control" into the empty space.
- After the Control Panel is opened, navigate to the Avast Antivirus Program and click on the "Programs and Features” option.
- Click on the Avast Antivirus you find in the list of installed applications.
- To uninstall the application from your computer, click the "Uninstall" button at the top.
Check if Avast cleanup premium is not working after you have completed the above steps. Make sure that you follow the troubleshooting steps exactly. After you're done, reboot your computer.