If we talk about visual basic programming, it is a potent tool of the MS Excel environment. In Excel, the MS Macros are created by the language by offering enhanced interactivity with real calculations. There are many spreadsheet designers who wanted their products to be compatible between the MS Office and its alternative source that is known to be Open Office. However, the visual basic macro language is not clearly supported by the Open Office app.
When you try to convert excel files to the Open Office app, there is additional work that is clearly needed if the files do contain macros. As this is a common problem to deal with, there are different tools that are available to streamline the process. In this article, you will get to learn the steps to change MS Excel Macros to access the Open Office apps. If you have some other specific queries then visit Office.com/Setup. Just let us start with the topic and take it further to discuss.
Steps to change MS Macros to access Office app
- First of all, you need to find a suitable utility program in order to convert the macros in the Excel visual basic language to the code that is on the need to Open Office.
- Remember, a free option is the online conversion program that is offered by the Business spreadsheets.
- This webpage enables you to paste the visual basic code into a text box that automatically covers into CalcBasic.
- There will be no automatic conversion between the two languages which is the process for tweaking which is necessary to ensure full functionality in the Open Office app.
- This utility is good for the programmers who want to jump-start the conversion so that all the Open office users will have to access their macro programs.
- Just install a visual basic package in the Open Office application. It is clearly convenient as it allows the Open Office to run the Visual Basic without ant conversion.
- Remember, this is not ideal for the spreadsheets relevant to a mass audience as every user needs to make an update to their “Open Office” software.
- The Go-oo program extends the Open Office software to a variety of file that allows the users to integrate many apps.
- There is an additional solution to this is a complete reconfiguration of the Open Office installation that is running on the network.
- You need to acquire a version of an Open office app that is having a built-in feature of Visual compatibility.
- There are 10 versions of Open Office that support Visual Basic compatibility.
- Just open the Open Office app in its native format that does not recognize the visual basic code, so this option is only suitable for the programmers that help the users to have a controlled user base.
- Doing this will complete the process to change macros in the Excel Visual Basic language.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article helps you to change MS Macros to access Office app. However, if you are still stuck in between the steps or you have related queries then we recommend you visit office.com/setup. You will get to learn all the aspects related to the Office applications to setup.